Wednesday, August 11, 2010

That's one way to exit your job!

Unless you're living in a cave, you've probably already heard of Steven Slater's dramatic exit from the JetBlue flight on which he was working. Not much can be said that hasn't already been herald on most news, blog and social networking sites, but to quote Chris Farley in "Tommy Boy":
"I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but that was... awesome!"

I particularly love that he grabbed the beers before hitting the slide. I admit that one of the first things I did after getting laid off from my job was go to happy hour with friends...Slater just didn't see why he should have to wait. I can't really blame the guy!

This clever hoax was posted online yesterday and has quickly made the rounds. It was originally believed to be real until The Chive writers admitted that it was a fake 24 hours later. Clearly it would have been better if it was real, but I will give it to the guys at The Chive for an entertaining twist on dramatic job exits.

It makes me wonder if we won't start seeing more real stories of people getting fed up with less pay and more work in these difficult economic times and saying "peace out" in their own memorable (and let's hope non violent) ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment