Monday, August 16, 2010

Take me out to the ball game

It's Monday, and I'm back in the office after a nice long weekend. I was the lucky recipient of a fun day at the ball park yesterday. On Wednesday I got a text from my friend Summer. She wanted to know if I was free to go see the Braves on Sunday as she had just received all 20 tickets to the Coca Cola suite at Turner Stadium. Um, yes please!

My excitement was two-fold. 1) I still hadn't made it out to a Braves games this season. With the insanely hot Summer, and non-existent Spring, this year, I just hadn't mustered up the interest to melt in the stands. Don't get me wrong, I love going to watch the Braves play, in fact, I love going to just about any professional sporting event, but I've made the crucial error of going to a game in 100 degree weather before. It's not a fate I would wish on an enemy, if you catch my drift. 2) It was suite tickets. Coca Cola suite tickets! How rad is that (and yes I did just pull "rad" out of the 1980s for my use on this blog - at least I didn't use "radical"!). So, it was my first time venturing into the cool, dry air of the Club level at Turner Stadium.

Sunday rolls around and we got to the ball park about 45 minutes before the first pitch. I felt like a kid in a candy store when we finally made it into the suite. There were 4 stocked fridges - that's right, 4. One for beer, two mini fridges and one large one full of, what else, but Coke products. On one counter was a basket of freshly popped, cheesy popcorn, and on another counter were small bags of peanuts and cracker jacks and hot dogs with all the fixings - quintessential ball park food.

Almost as soon as we had settled in, our suite server brought in a platter of tortilla chips with a 7-layer Mexican dip in the shape of a tomahawk. I wish I had thought to get a picture before everyone dug in. Oh well. Throughout the day the server brought more and more food. It was crazy. Cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, parmesan fries... of course we had to try a *little* of everything, right?

So while all this was fantastic, and believe me it was, nothing could beat the view:

Our view from the suite.
We spent the next three and a half hours cheering, doing the Tomahawk Chop, eating, drinking and having an all-around great time. I was definitely grateful to be in the shade with access to air conditioning. It was another scorcher in Atlanta yesterday! We all agreed that we probably wouldn't have lasted through the whole game if it weren't for our awesome seats.

Kari, Summer, me and Angela

Me and Ang cheer on the Braves

The clouds rolled away partway into the game, and Los Bravos ran away with a 13-1 victory! All in all, it was a pretty great day at the ball park!

No comments:

Post a Comment